Cedar Hill Cemetery serves as the final resting place of former slaves, military veterans, and Storer College teachers and students. Its history reaches back to 1869 when the Colored Methodist Episcopal Church (later John Wesley M.E. Church) purchased the land from the Federal Armory. The site remains an attractive and contemplative burial site through the tireless efforts of its President, Ed Hall. The Foundation is helping to repair and restore damaged and aged tombstones to help preserve their legacy.
News article: https://wjla.com/news/local/cedar-hill-cemetery-restoration